TopBand: 1830 QRM gone

w8ji.tom w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:01:08 -0500

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.

It took a while, but I tracked down the offending station. It was WEZN on
610 in Birmingham AL. They broadcast the same audio feed as several other
stations in this general area (making it tough to tell which one was the
"real" offender).

Problem is gone now, permanently I hope! Amazing how far these problems can
be transmitted, the garbage was, at times, 20 over nine here.

73 Tom

(de W4ZV...NOTE TO STATIONS OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA...this NOES NOT MEAN
1830 is now a good frequency to use...it is NEVER a good frequency here
because of other BCI images...please remember this!)