TopBand: Beverage Termination Resistors

Bill Hohnstein KØHA k0ha@navix.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:05:29 -0800

I noticed some new resistors that Ohmite has started making that
sound promising for use as Beverage termination resistors.  Details:
  The OX/OY Series of fixed ceramic resistors are ideal for circuitry
  associated with surges, high peak power or high energy.  The OX/OY
  resistors can often replace carbon composition resistors which can be
  difficult to source. Axial leads.  UL-94V0 approved silicone coating.
2 watt (OY) specs:
  Tolerance: +/-10%
  Dielectirc Withstanding Voltage: 750 VAC
  Single Impulse Joules Max.: 80
  Body Length x Diameter: .886" x .315"
Needing other parts I ordered some to try out (from Digi-Key
800 344-4539).  It will be a while before they receive their "stress
test" from area lightning...

73,  Bill     K0HA