TopBand: CQ160 CW - W2GD Multi - Sandy Hook, NJ

John Crovelli w2gd@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:00:45 PST

For the fifth and possibly our final year the W2GD Multi-Op crew (N2AA,
W2CG, W1GD, W2GD, N2NC, W2NO, K2SQ, K2TW, and KB5U) will be operating
our "Field Day in January" from the US Coast Guard (USCG) Station on
Sandy Hook, NJ.  This location is simply fabulous, surrounded by salt
water in three directions; isolated - nearly seven miles from the NJ
mainland, yet only 12 miles south of New York City (what a spectacular
view of the NYC skyline, especially at night).  The USCG communications
towers allow us to hang two vertically polarized Delta Loops at 200 feet
and 100 feet.  And acres of open sand dunes become home for seven
beverage antennas. The station equipment includes two IC 781
transceivers, a pair of Alpha 87A amplifiers, an IC765, an Alpha 76PA,
2M packet, and four networked computers running CT.

We normally operate between 1820 and 1850 khz, avoiding the "window"
except for multipliers.

Our operating TEAM wishes all CQ 160 CW competitors worldwide the best
of luck and good conditions this coming weekend.

73,

John, W2GD/P40W

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]