Topband: Limited space for 160 antenna

J. Feustle jfeustle@glasscity.net
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:19:20 -0400

I'm seeking advice on an antenna for 160 that will conform to the limited
vertical space that I have to deal with. I realize that what I wind up with
will be a compromise, but I'm looking for something less compromising than
the GAP Voyager that I currently use.

Due to deed restrictions and other neighborhood things, I'm kind of limited
to my current 45 ft. 25G tower attached to the side of my house. I do,
however, have a large back yard which would probably accomodate the top end
of an inverted L. Before I make my decision though, I thought I'd ask
around. I love working the band, particularly the contests, but I can't be
driving 2.5 hours to N8CC's place, where I got thoroughly spoiled in  the
last ARRL contest, every time I want to chase DX or play in a contest.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

73,
Joe Feustle, N8JF