Topband: RE: DSP Units

KEN CARUSO Ken_Caruso@compuserve.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:05:06 -0400

WAA16784
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

 Audio DSP was hugely useful for me when I was using the Yaesu FT757GXII
radio on Topband. It was most effective with the radios filters wide open,
tons of Front end attenuation and lots of audio drive to the DSP Box
(Timewave DSP 59+ in this case). In this case I was making up for the
radio's selectivity and sensitivity deficiencies. I upgraded my radio to an
FT1000D and I find the outboard Audio DSP pretty much useless now and
rarely use it. Now, if I could hear half the stations Tom hears, I'd be in
good shape...

Ken
WO1N