Topband: BOUNCE topband@contesting.com: Approval required: Non-member submission from [CatalanoDE@navsea.navy.mil]

Bill Tippett btippett@alum.MIT.edu
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:54:23 +0100

From: CatalanoDE@navsea.navy.mil
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:38:00 -0400
Subject: Beverage Wire help
To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>

For the last four DXpeditions that I participated in, we ran beverages using a
small wire which was woven copper wire on a fiber cord.  It worked very well, it
was light to carry, and we disposed of it at the DX location or gave it to the
local hams.  I have now run out of the stuff and was trying to locate a source
for it.  My friend told me that what I was using were the replacement wire
spools  that was used in the Gibson Girl radio in the Military.  Any leads on
this?  73& TNX Denis, W4DC