Topband: W1BB

Robert Doherty k1vv@tmlp.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:24:43 -0400

W1BB........   Stew Perry Memorial Radio Club

The Trusteeship of the Stew Perry Memorial Radio Club call .. W1BB...
has been transferred

from Whitey.... K1VV      to ...  Jeff Briggs ... K1ZM...
k1zm@aol.com

All correspndence and QSL requests concerning W1BB will now go to Jeff,
K1ZM.

The QRZ web page for W1BB BIO and email address will be updated to
reflect this change of trustee.

See....         http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=w1bb

We were the original applicant for W1BB as a club call, and have been
trustee of the call since it was reissued as a club call on May 9,1997.
We and the club members have enjoyed using W1BB in contests and casual
operating on the top band. The call was used only on the 160 meter band
and brought many favorable comments.. "Hi Stew"... "Great to hear Stew's

call on the band again"... "Keep the memory alive".... The W1BB QSL ...
which can be seen on the QRZ web page was a copy and reconstruction of
an original W1BB QSL we received from a CW QSO we had  with Stew on 160
on Feb.26,1961. The club QSL card reconstructive artwork was done by Hal

, WA1J.

We know that W1BB is now secure in Jeff's trusteeship knowing that he
and the members will maintain the traditions and historical significance

of the call..    We look forward to working W1BB during the coming fall
and winter contest season....  and to see 160 Meter DXCC issued once
again to W1BB.........if anyone can do this ...  Jeff can....

Good Luck to Jeff....     73    Whitey ..  K1VV