Topband: CY9RF maybe it will happen. Update number 1

james danehy w9vne@fuse.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 18:50:37 -0400

Bernie

I received a telephone call from K4LT's XYL at 6:30 PM EDST tonight
(5-25-99). She told me that K4LT and K8RF left this morning and crossed
over into VE3 this morning. I do not know what happened to have them
first cancel and now attempt to make it. Lets just keep are fingers
crossed for them. W6RGG was to go also. I talked to Bob at 5PM today and
he was in northern Calif and was obviously down. I know all three of
these guys personally and have operated with them from DX locations over
the last 5 years. I would estimate that they should arrive in Halifax,
NS tomorrow. I am only speculating now. They could depart on Thursday.
K4LT's XYL expects to hear from them again. I asked her to keep me
informed of their progress. These will make it happen if it can be done.

I need them on Topband so I have my fingers crossed. I will let you and
the Topband List know anything that I hear.

73

Jim W9VNE