Topband: Seasonal Propagation

Bob G3REP S21YP@granger.bdonline.com
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:58:45 +0600

Hi all

perhaps I am making a wrong assumption here but is the propagation to the
northern hemisphere more favourable in Jan and feb rather than Nov Dec ??

I have the impression (perhaps misguided) that the propagation for those in
the north ie EU, JA & NA  is at its best in jan and feb ie after the winter
solstice  than before ??

Is there such a thing as ionospheric lag (ie similar to thermal lag ) or is
it just a demographic input that amateurs are more aware of propagation,
have more spare time, more tied to the shack than before the Xmas period ??

73

Bob Parkes

G3REP/S21YP