Topband: Feedline question for all

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:22:19 -0500

Curiosity has the best of me.
Please e-mail back only to me, not the reflector. From time to time
there is discussion about feedlines for Beverages and such.

I'm curious what type of cable most of us use for feedlines on
**receiving** antennas. CATV 75 ohm or SO-239 type with 50 ohm
cables?

If you use 50 ohm cables and if much better hardware was readily
available for a bit less money in 75 ohm impedance, including
coaxial cables and switching/matching boxes, would you use 75
ohm cables?

I just wonder if people are being "forced" into using 50 ohm cable
because, like with the MCM switchbox thing, people don't always
know where to get 75 ohm hardware.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com