Topband: A61AJ observation on propagation

Roger Graves rgraves@uvic.ca
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:35:10 -0800

G3REP wrote
> Question is
> - what is happening to give the good propagation some 2-3 hours before
> sunrise ?? or should we be thinking  xx hours after sunset ??

The effect being discussed reminds me of the "midnite" peak others have
described, of a peak in propagation at a time where there is local midnite
half way between the two points. This would be, e.g., 2 hours before
sunrise at one end and 2 hours after sunset at the other end. Is this about
what A61AJ was observing for his qth and the US east coast?
Rod VE7VV