Topband: A61AJ 160m

Dick Wolf n6ff@snowcrest.net
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:21:47 -0800

Hi Gang,

Got up at 5 am this morning, nothing but noise.  Then about 1445z I heard
A61AJ calling CQ on 1.832.  Set my tx to the designated QSX of 1.834 and
called
a couple of times, no luck.

N7UA heard him and called him simplex about 1447z, and Jeff came back to him.
Dang, I might just have a shot. . . . but N7UA was determined to send his 559
and callsign for the next 35 minutes, which he finally changed to a 569 at
1520z.

VE7SV then heard him an gave a few calls, don't know how he made out, as A61AJ
had faded into the sunset.

It's a pity that A61AJ did not QSX up a couple, maybe a few others may have
had a chance to at least call him, but 599+20db local QRM, working simplex
made that impossible.

Maybe tomorrow. . . . . .

Dick - N6FF