Topband: Re: Short Vert--Tom R...

Roy Koeppe royanjoy@ncn.net
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:20:03 -0600

Tom, regarding,

"The "radiation resistance improvement" of a folded element is a
myth that unfortunately even appears in some west coast
handbooks"

Yes, yes,

I know that very well--I have posted statements dispelling that myth
perpetrated by Orr and others myself on here!

I was referring (look closely again) to the option of using at top hat
or tee top along with the short folded unipole. Use of such a top hat is
what increases the radiation resistance compared to the hairpin alone.

Sorry it was not more clear, but it gave us both this chance to
emphasize that old ham's tale again.

73, TNX,      Roy          K6XK