Topband: need help finding a part for a magnetic loop

Bill Capps wbcapps@mindspring.com
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 11:28:44 -0700

hello top banders
	i have recently built a fair transmit antenna for 160 meters.
Now i need to start working on a receive antenna. I am a little short
n real estate so i would like to start with a magnetic loop antenna in
the textbook "dxing on the edge", there is a chapter on receive only
antennas. there is a description on how to build a magnetic loop.
there is one component i need help trying to locate. the matching unit
for the loop uses a 300-1000pF mica compression capacitor (arco or
equivalent). I have seen on another website describing loops, where a
arco 468 was used for 160 meters and a arco 467 for 80 meters (this is
only from memory). If anyone knows where i can locate one of these
caps please let me know.  Also, is there any advantage to making the
loop any larger than the 5 foot dimensions mentioned in the textbook?

many thanks es 73 all
bill capps
af4od
Auburn,alabama