Topband: Boring Report - N6TR/7

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
11 Oct 1999 14:04:37 -0000

On 9-Oct - several "real" Europeans were heard - DF2PY, OZ1EEZ and IV3PRK.
The first two made it in the log and PA0CLN was also heard in Oregon by
our sister station, W7EW.

On 10-Oct - SM4CAN showed up peaking S7, but was the only thing heard
from Europe that evening.

On 11-Oct - with the K index up at 4, we were not very optimisitc about
hearing anything from Europe, but at the lat minute, EA3VY showed up
working stations to the south.  I could actually hear him just before
he faded down and didn't complete a QSO.  So close to a hat trick.

It is interesting that Europe has been in for many evenings in the
past week - but from very different areas.

ZK3CW was easy at 1254 UTC this morning.  They were not on the band
when I checked it around 1100Z.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR

PS: Don't forget to mark your calendars for the 4th running of the
Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge on December 18/19th.