Topband: More on loop antennas

Roger Graves rgraves@uvic.ca
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:42:46 -0700

Jack Belrose, VE2CV, described this in a QST article some years ago. I
used a shortened version as my first sucessful 160 antenna. I used base
mtr "half delta" as Jack called it. It worked very well and gave me my first
40 or so countries on 160. I had shorting wire to remove the coils, making
the antenna a full size half delta on 80, which also worked very well on that
band (except off the ends). Most people I have heard using it erected it as
a triangle with a single center support. Mine was a squashed rectangle with
a 55 ft support at one end and a 20 ft support at the other end.
Rod, VE7VV