Topband: 160m biological effects

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:20:34 -1000

> Meanwhile, we are stuck with a mostly false public perception
> caused by that study.

And the need to "evaluate"  our stations per the FCC/ARRL
guide for EMR compatibility.  However,  it turns out to
be a tiger with no teeth.  By the time you account for
mode duty cycle,  and the time transmitting in a 30
minute period, together with distance from the main
beam of your antenna to two kinds of areas,  there
is little problem,  unless you are almost in front of
the antenna.

Still,  I guess we should have run through the numbers
and have them in the "log" just in case.

73,  Jim,  KH7M