Topband: Beverage Improvements?

Greg, ZS5K gregsmith@futuredbn.co.za
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:22:29 +0200

Hardy, have you any idea of the ground resistance offered by one rod at the
far end?  Do you use a termination resistor?

In my experience, you only need to add more than one rod if the effective
ground resistance is > 500 ohm.  If not, your termination resistor should
make up the difference between the actual ground resistance and 500 ohm.
This applies for any one weather condition.

With my 800 ft Bev, I have found it desirable to have more than one rod, and
use more inserted resistance, so that the total termination resistance is
less dependent on the weather.  I have found that with only one rod, things
change quite noticeably with the seasons.

73, Greg, ZS5K