Topband: Summary of GROUND SCREEN ADDITION

Dennis G. Peterson K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 09:36:54 -0500

Hi gang;  Well as I mentioned previously a week ago, I would
let the reflector know of the results to my question
concerning the addition of a chicken wire ground screen.
There seems to be a little bit of controversy over the
subject in that about 45% of those responding said YES it
will definitely make a difference 40% said NO it won't make
any difference whatsoever; 10% said forget the chicken wire
and add a few more 36' long radials as they are better than
a wire screen and 5% said I may or may not see any
signifigant change in the system.
sooooooooooooo

YES        Add the Chicken wire ground screeen        45%
 NO        Adding the screen won't make change       40%
 NO        Forget the Screen BUT add more radials    10%
???         It may or may not change things              05%

--------------
totals
100%
all based on about 14 operators replying to my question.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.  All I have
to do now is apply what I've learned hi hi  de K0CKDennis

--
Dennis G. Peterson/K0CKD
1815 Mulberry Avenue

Pre-Sort Mechanic/Technician