Topband: aurora

W7lr@aol.com W7lr@aol.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:12:41 EDT

For high latitude stations the auroral path is one of the problems for 160m.
Does anyone have information on whether or not using a higher frequency in
the band would help?  I checked the swr on my vertical using a network for
higher in the band, and can tx up to 1930 khz.  It would be possible to
modify that network, or build another, to probably tx up to 1990 khz.  Do you
think this would help any on an auroral path?  Of course we would have to
dodge ssb signals, but think this is possible.  73 Bob W7LR