Topband: RE: Radial wire

W8AV@aol.com W8AV@aol.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:26:09 EDT

One thing to also keep in mind.  If you live in an area where there is a lot
of freezing and thawing between winter and fall/spring,  you might want to
consider using either heavier wire (i.e #10) or a soft drawn copper wire.
That way the seasonal freezing and thawing will not break up your ground
system over time.

I use #10 soft-drawn copper wire for my topband and 80 meter antenna systems.
 It will probably last me 30 years or more in OH.  It is obtainable from
Copper and Brass Sales or several other outlets.  We also use this in the
b'cast industry for AM array installations, as Tom, W8JI already mentioned.

73....................de Goose W8AV