Topband: Re: Antenna splitter

Hermod Pedersen hermod.pedersen@sydsvenskan.se
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:37:15 +0200

Several have asked about the info on the antenna splitter I posted:

>What is the PS1? I take that it is a transformer. Details?

Well, I gave a quick link to a schematic for the antenna splitter made by a
Finnish DXer.
Now several have asked about some details, which I of course never thought of.
So I have dug into this briefly, but please keep in mind that while I am
Scandinavian, Finnish still remains are fairly different language even to
us, their close neighbours.

Still, this is what I have found out from the Finnish parts (and I will add
some links for those wishing to brush up their own Finnish...):

The PSC-4-1 is made by Mini-Circuits Inc, USA
http://www.thomasregister.com/olc/minicircuits/

How this is used in this splitter is explained in more details in Finnish:
http://www.sci.fi/~ijl/splitter.html

Broadband amplifier schematics also supplied (but so far I am at a loss on
where it fits in):
http://www.sci.fi/~ijl/9801.gif

Antenna splitter schematic (which started this thread):
http://www.sci.fi/~ijl/split.gif

Splitter PC board layout:
http://www.sci.fi/~ijl/splitpc.gif

For further translations on this you, as well as myself, will have to ask
for assistance from any Finnish speaking Ham who might read this.
All I can hope for is having been able to steer you all in the right
direction. And to all the nice stuff on the http://www.sci.fi/~ijl/ site.
Where you, by the way, will find the email address to Ilpo J. Leppäsen.

Hermod Pedersen, Web Editor http://hard-core-dx.com/
  -- probably the best DX site in the world --
Please use this email address: hermod@hard-core-dx.com