Topband: PJ2T during CQWW CW

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 06:37:59 -0800 (PST)

 I would like to get some reports from anyone who worked us
as PJ2T on 160 meters during CQWW CW. Condx did not seem to be
very good for us. Signals were even weak from the USA most of the
time, especially Friday night. I apoligize to those who called us
and didn't get through... I could tell there was a pileup when we
CQ'ed but it was really tough. W8LRL, W3LPL, AA0RS, W4MYA and all the
W4/W5 stations are the guys whose signals were well above the rest.
(from my memory) I am also interested if anyone in EU heard us???

 The antenna was an inverted L with about 15 radials, of which one ran
into the ocean about 130' away. We also had a 1000 ft NW beverage but
it didn't seem to work that well. Anyone have suggestions/tips on how
to make these work near the ocean ?

  BTW the QTH is the old PJ9JT QTH on Curacao. W0CG has bought the house
and we are in process of building a nice 3 tower contesting station.
This time we used the old tribander on the pushup tower and a bunch of
wires on the low bands. Look for the next PJ2T operation in ARRL DX
CW in 2001....

                       Jeff KU8E / PJ2T