Topband: 2 Element Hybrid with Broadside Capability

Tom Rauch w8ji@contesting.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:26:42 -0500

> Ron, I bought the second 160M Comtek box that Jim built for my pair of
> quarter wave verticals spaced 130' and fed 90 degrees out of phase and
> switchable to in phase

One thing to remember is the dump resistor neither guarantees
correct phase, nor does it guarantee correct current distribution.

While the Comtek system is a good system, I wouldn't use a
hybrid system for the second group of directions. Read Lewallen's
articles on the subject in ARRL publications are a "must read".

There is no resistor anywhere in my four square (and it fires eight
directions with more gain than a regular four-square).

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com