Topband: SW Path NOISE!

K1ZM@aol.com K1ZM@aol.com
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:21:47 EST

Lowband RX Noise from SW - W1FV

About a week ago, W1FV inquired about a "noise" peaking SW on both 80 and
160M.

He is not ALONE in hearing it.

For most of January, I heard it too and it all but covered XZ0A and 3W5FM on
80M the days I worked them.

It was so bad on 3w5fm that I had to listen SE for his transmissions and then
xmit on the 4sq to the SW when it was my turn to xmit.

It has also been present on 160M - but I do not think as loud. It was AWFUL
on 80m for about 3 weeks though - it even covered up louder signals like
JA1HQT at 579.

I too thought it was a local event but I am convinced after reading John's
report that it was not.

I thought it was time to call out the  noise "search dog's" here - but now it
seems to have dissipated somewhat over the last week.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com