Topband: Elevated Radials

ABowenN4OO abowen@nettally.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 08:33:50 -0500

ON4UN said:
>If you compare the "on the ground" radial situation with the elevated radial
>situation, you must phsysically remove the on the ground radials while doing
>the test with the elevated radials. If not you are comparing "on the ground"
>radials with elevated radials over a ground screen .

Stikes me that this would be an ideal time to further confirm the
statements in ON4UN's book, Low-Band DXing. See chapter 9, para 2.2.12 and
2.2.13. The existing radials might then be moved to concentrate them under
the elevated radials, as well as disconnecting them from any common
ground/earth connection per his instructions.

INK N4OO