Topband: poor antenna- big dx ?

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym@ippt.gov.pl
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:23:21 +0100

>hi gang !
>With big surprise i`ve been reading about the big success some people have on
>160 with small size antenas..At least for our latitudes and
>longitudes i must oppose the "throw out a wet noodle and be ready for KH6"
>scheme..      73 de df2py

Hello Wolf,
First of all I agree with you we in our part of Europe should have antennas
as good as possible.  Anyway this is not always possible and I suppose its
better to use what you are able to have than not to be on Topband.  Living 20
km from the center of Warsaw with a garden 30 x 30m I haven't had too many
solutions /too many neighbors/
so I have only 18m tower with Half Slopers and K9AY, sometimes during a
Winter Beverages thanks to my friends around.  I'm on 160m 9 years and I'v had
luck to work 255 countries and 40 zones /KH6 too/.
Of course I admire your antenna system and I'm dreaming of similar one and
thats a reason I'm looking for a bigger piece of land  /10 000 sq.m./-maybe
in a future?
I'm lucky to have XYL who agree with me /about bigger garden/ ,she has too
many wires in our small one HI.

                                   Best Wishes

                                       73 Rys SP5EWY