Topband: ZK2

Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:38:14 +0000

Last night was spent on 80m.  A good choice since the QRN levels were 20 over
all night. Worked ZS4TX, 4X4NJ, 4X4DK, JY9QJ and a bunch of OH despite the QRN.
I only copy between crashes so please send faster.  I was trying to copy a SM6
and got half his call when he slowed down and never got any more.  At sunrise
4X4DK went to 1828.5 and called me.  He was good copy even with the QRN, but my
antenna was on 80m.  So for my last 3 nights here on ZK2 I will be QRV on
1828.5 at least 0600z to 0700z and 1500z to 1730z and probably some east coast
sunrise.  Please send your calls several times and at least 25 wpm.  There has
never been a night without crashes here.  And if you don't hear me please call
me once in a while.  My noise floor between crashes is extremely low here.  No
night time white noise like in the states.  It's S0 here which I don't
understand unless that stateside white noise is propagated power line noise
from a zillion sources.  73, Al ZK2CA