Topband: LP JA tonight

John Kaufmann kaufmann@ll.mit.edu
Sat, 01 Jan 2000 18:44:19 -0500

HNY TopBanders!

The new millenium got off to a great start with some excellent conditions
today.  Tonight around 2200Z, JA6BZI was heard on the long path from the SE
on 1910 kHz (QSX 1831).  Unfortunately he didn't hear me!  The tipoff were
the "beacons" I mentioned here recently.  The JA BC station on 3925 and
North Korea on 2850 were booming in as loud as I have heard them this
season on the SE long path.  Singapore on 3915 was also very strong tonight.

This morning just before local sunrise I worked KH2/K4SXT and JH0INP, both
on the SW skew path, which normally is a very marginal path from here in
eastern MA.  JA0MVW and JA1CGM were also heard weakly on this path.  Again
the beacons on 3925 and 2850 were exceptionally strong, this time from the
SW.   (The good propagation this morning also extended to 80 meters, were I
worked 3W5FM on the SW LP for a new one on that band).

73, John W1FV