Topband: XZ0A

Jensen Family miltj@aepnet.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 21:37:56 -0700

Hello Top Banders,

    Happy Y2K.  One week from this moment the first wave of operators en
route to XZ0A will be over the mid-Pacific just 24 hours from the
promised land.  A tremendous amount of planning and preparation have
gone into this upcoming operation from the first operation outside the
capital city of Yangon, the first ever Myanmar IOTA and the very first
outing of the XZ0 prefix.
    The low bands will receive special treatment and Top Band operation
will be present every day from before sundown until after sunrise; short
path, long path, or skew path we will be ready.  With approximately 24
days of actual on the air operation, we are confident a multitude of
stations will go into the Top Band log.
    XZ0A will participate in the CQ WW 160 CW contest the last weekend
of January.  May the propagation Gods bless us all.
  The following URL is for the Press Release on the DX-pedition.  It
presents a brief outline of the operation.

http://www.bramham.demon.co.uk/mynamar.htm

    And this URL is for the XZ0A web site.  It is complete with many
excellent links to the various subjects pertaining to the DX-pedition.
Pay particular attention to the outstanding propagation charts for all
bands.

http://www.getnet.com/~k7wx/myanmar.htm

CU all on THE BAND.  73 for now de Milt, N5IA and Robin, WA6CDR.