Topband: AM BC QRM on 1830

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:15:31 -0500

> Was curious if anyone else is copying WBBR, "Bloomburg Radio", AM 1130 out
> of New York on 1830 Khz?  They were tearing up 1830 Khz tonight at 02:45Z.

This is an intermod product from WZRC on 1480 and WBBR.
Two times ZRC minus BBR comes out on 1830, so it is obviously
in the WZRC transmitter.

It is not any fault of WBBR, even though it is their audio that
dominates

I reported it to the FCC on Tuesday, since WZRC has an unlisted
number and no one at any other stations around the Meadowlands
area knows how to contact WZRC. It's over S-9 in Georgia most
nights.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com