Topband: mt report

W7lr@aol.com W7lr@aol.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:27:13 EST

condx been different lately, apparently in polar paths.  our evening 8 jan
IV3PRK
was s7 for about an hour, and DF2PY was over s9 when we qso and later said
signals from Utah were down from mine in MT, which is unusual. Heard and
worked a number of EU that evening, and heard YO2BEH (would be a new one) but
no qso there.

This morning, 9 jan, heard RA0FF and RA0FA s7 around 1340z  before our
sunrise (which is now 1503z). By 1415z they had almost faded out. So far this
season UA0/RA0 signals have been nil or else right at the noise level (about
s2). The only good JA signal was JA2ZJW around 1330z.   Had a spot on the
OH2AQ cluster that HL1AVA was hearing my cq machine around 1350z but couldnt
hear him.

Been reading the 3W5FM saga. Is there any reasonable time when he might be
heard here in MT?  He may be in the same situation for me as V85AA or 9V1PC
which havent been heard here when they were qrv.

73 Bob W7LR

(de W4ZV...Bob, I would expect 3W5FM and others in that general area
would be best short path just before your sunrise.  From Colorado, I
worked 9V1ZE several times, 3 different V85's, 9M2AX several times,
etc. and they were all short path within 20 minutes of my sunrise)