Topband: metal roof

V.Kecman, Kele YU1AO/6 kk@cg.yu
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:59:56 +0100

Am I boring you guys? As a newcomer, I feel optimistic about the answers I
may get on my requests, so that is why I send these questions. Pardon me.

Trying to locate best place for vertical part of whatever-will-be my 160m
transmitting antenna, I discovered that a nearby public building has all
metallic roof. The shape of the building is L, and the size of each leg is
50ft by 20ft, like two fat radials... elevated though, 10ft high. Placing
antenna at the corner of that roof, and adding few more elevated wire
radials would be wortwhile, wouldn't it? I remember some of the past
postings stating that (Beverage) would NOT work proper if not run thru a
neighbour's property... Why not TX antenna benefits from this rule too?

73  Kele YU1AO/6