Topband: XZ0A

Aprewitt Aprewitt@prodigy.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:55:22 -0700

Tucson,AZ

Started to hear XZ0A at about 1130Z peaked at about 1145Z maybe an s2 or s3
on the vertical. Heavy long period QSB. Called many times but no luck.
Heard K7CA,N6SS and K6UA get through but that was about it.
A lot of stations calling, most of 'em very very loud here, but very few got
through. Even the "Big Guns" had to repeat their calls many many times. I
guess the RX situation at XZ is not so good. At one point XZ0A said heavy
QRN which may account for the hearing problems.
I could still hear XZ0A about 15 minutes after my sunrise, then gone.
I guess there will be no sleep until Feb.

73, Art N4PT