Topband: XZ0A on 160m Today

Dick Wolf n6ff@tco.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:15:45 -0800

Hi Gang,

Began to copy XZ0A around 1503Z on 1826.5, just signing his call, no cq, no
QSX.  He did this for several minutes, then QRT about 1510Z.  Found him again
on 1825.5 a few minutes later, and copied him until 1540Z.  Signal was only
339-559, way down from the previous 3 days.  I only heard one west coast
station calling him today, and he did not get through.

I have not talked directly to the 160m operators directly for several days,
but it appears they are having difficulty with QRN.  It is encouraging that
some east-coast stations are copying them, just need that one big opening, hi.

73 & GL,

Dick - N6FF