Topband: The Q

Lane Zeitler Ku7i@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:04:21 -0800

I am in the process of building a Ramsey rcvr preamp kit that covers
from below 160 meters to around 1 ghz. It will be used with my 160 meter
rcv loop. Since it is broadband I want to build a preselector front end
for it consisting of a parallel LC circuit. I may even put another LC
circuit at the o/p of the preamp as well.

What is the Q that I should use for the parallel LC circuits? I have
been digging and have found other circuits but nothing that gives me the
Q. The L and C combos are infinite. I assume a high Q but how high? 200?
100?

The input and output of the preamp will be grounded on xmit.

Help.

Lane
Ku7i