Topband: Conditions in Bangladesh and Singapore

Peter Cook peter.sally@pacific.net.sg
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:49:43 +0800

Guys,

Interested in the note posted by Bob S21YP yesterday.   I often get
worken up by my 2 month old daughter at 4am local time here and I have
experienced very similar condx Bob reported- Signals romping in from
Europe at about 2000-2200z and then the band dies- about an hour before
our sunrise here it's completely dead..  E.g.  On 14 Jan and 18 Jan
worked I, F, EA, SM, OH, PA,G, ES, LA, OK, UA etc. at these times.
What's interesting is that the band seems consistently to be in bad
shape at sunset and sunrise - against conventional wisdom....

Also interesting is that I can usually copy the multitudes of west coast
US calling  XZ0A on his QSX 1.828Mhz very nicely here at 1400-1500z.
XZ0A is 59+30dB here so you'll normally find me around 1.820 these days.

So those stations on the West Coast US who need 9V have a listen on
1.820 1400-1500z.  I cannot be there every day due to work/family
commitments... also for those in Europe I plan to be on 1.820 at
2000-2200z on the occasions when I get woken up...... Someone generally
kindly puts me on the DX Summit Spot Database when I'm spotted.

Lastly, apologies to the XZ0A team who I QRM'ed on 20 Jan for about 2
minutes-  I though I was calling CQ simplex on 1.820, but without
realizing I had the "Split" button pressed so I was Tx on ...you guessed
it... 1.828MHz...  horrified when I realised this... sorry guys..

73's

Peter Cook,   9V1PC,  Home Page:
http://home4.pacific.net.sg/~peter.sally/