Topband: QRM from DSL?

Gullik Tjernstrom gullik@telia.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:47:08 +0100

Hi all.

Have been running ADSL into my house for aprox. one and
a half year now, haven't had any problem so far. I also think
I have a "bad" case, in the sense of the location of the antenna
and the incoming phone line. One of my antennas on topband is
a full-size horizontal loop, yes, you all know, the famous cloud
warmer, or excellent-topband-high-angle-DX-antenna ;-)
The phone line elevates from ground to the top of a phone-pole
almost in the center of the loop. It then runs to my house
something like 25 meters, about 5 meter above ground.
The loop hangs something like 18 to 20 meters up. I haven't heard
any noise or traffic induced into the antenna, so far. The ADSL is
set for maximum speed, around 8 Mbit/sec downstream (QRO on the Internet, hi..)
so it utilizes all of it's spectrum, 256 freq/channels. Haven't had any
problem with the ADSL, due to radiation of RF into the phone line, guess
that's not so important.
Have relocated the loop this summer, but that's another story...

73 de Gullik sm3gqp