Topband: DX

Bob Eldridge r.c.eldridge@ieee.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:40:45 -0700

>Why does it take a dx-pedition to open the band?

>Are our 160 DXCC totals so high that we are only looking for the new ones
>now?

Inspired by Mike's comment (and feeling a bit guilty about sleeping in this
summer) I checked the band this morning 26 July.

At 0955 there was a beautiful SSB signal from Raf CX2CB on 1845 kHz, and
down on 1834 W8JI was working ZL3REX. I worked Rex when Tom was finished,
and then VK2OI. Later (1220Z) I heard VK3ZL on 1840, but it was a bit late
for comfortable chat.  Thanks for the prod Mike.

This has been the bleakest summer on 160 I can remember, but the ZL GPS data
stations are there any time I check.

Bob VE7BS