Topband: Topband operator needed for VK9WI Dxpedition

w4dr@mindspring.com w4dr@mindspring.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:40:33 -0000

David Gemmell, organizer of the VK9WI dxpedition has asked me to help him
find a CW operator with topband experience for the Willis Isl
trip which leaves VK4 May 6 and returns around May 24 with 10 days on the
island.  The successful applicant would be responsible for the 160 meter
antennas (a Battlecreek special is available) including beverages.  Please
send me your resume if:
1) You are not excessively prone to seasickness.  Sailing experience
     is preferred, but not required
2) You are a proficient CW operator with contest and dxpedition
     experience.  There will be  only one other CW operator on the trip.
3) You love 160 (the most important qualification of all!)
4) You are experienced in the care and feeding of 160 meter verticals
     and beverages

If you meet these qualifications I will put you in touch with David and
other resource persons.  It is very important for us to get a topbander on
this trip as it will probably be a long time until Willis gets rare enough
to merit another major dxpedition.  There is only one remaining slot for
this trip and we want the best available person to fill it.    Bob W4DR