Topband: QRN On Topband

Thomas Giella kn4lf@webtv.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:48:48 -0500 (EST)

I too recently discovered a wall wart as a source of QRN on 160 meters.
Other recently discovered sources of QRN were: my outside mercury vapor
security light fixture, a nearby neighbors faulty light dimmer switch,
another neighbors faulty outside motion detector sensor security light
(1/2 mile away) and last but not least a neighbors backyard electric
fence (1 mile away). My noise level is S1-3 again but rest assured
another pest will show up soon. I tracked down all of the above
mentioned noise sources myself, with a portable radio and had to be very
creative in convincing my neighbors to cooperate.

73 Friend,

Thomas Giella, KN4LF