Topband: New Kenwood Rig

k6se@juno.com k6se@juno.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 21:48:50 -0700

For those wondering about Kenwood's new introduction into the market, I
attended their unveiling of that product Thursday night here in Dayton.
It's a transceiver about the size of the TS-570 that covers all bands and
all modes from 1.8 to 1240 Mhz.  The radio is uniquely styled, with a
rounded front panel.  What struck me most was that all of the front panel
buttons were back-lit.  This not only gave it quite a pleasant
appearance, but gave me the impression that the radio could be operated
in a very dark environment.  It's a totally DSP radio (like the TS-870S).
Kenwood didn't disclose the model number or price at the unveiling and
brochures weren't available.

73, de Earl, K6SE