Topband: beverages in woods?

PETER HUTTER phutter@sarnoff.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:10:47 -0400

        WW2Y and N2NU use screw eyes in trees to support the beverage wire.
The wire is only anchored at  feedpoint and  termination ends of the antenna.
For tree supports in between the ends of the antenna, the wire just goes
through the screw eyes so that the wire can slip back and forth from
oscillating trees, caused by winds. We use runs between supports up to
200ft using #14 THN copper wire with great success from this method.

        We tried electric fence insulators in the past, but got tired of
fixing broken spans all the time, even using copper clad steel wire.

            73,
            Peter WW2Y