Topband: W1AW at 1818

Robert Kavanagh ap231@freenet.carleton.ca
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:53:12

I wish to register my disagreement with the opinion of N0OQW for the
following reasons:

1. Yes, as was said, code practice is a very valuable service. The more we
can do to help more would-be radio amateurs to pass their code tests the
better. Putting W1AW up around 1875 would mean that these transmissions
would not be easily found by beginners.

2. W1AW transmits useful bulletins as well as code practice.

3. The part of the band below 1820 is practically deserted all of the time
except when there is a contest.

4. I should imagine that W1AW serves as a useful propagation beacon for
people in Europe, the West and elsewhere.

So, What's the problem with having W1AW on 1818 ?

It also seems to me, Bill, that you should have said that if you disagree
with Ford you should also send an e-mail to your ARRL Division Director.

73

Bob, VE3OSZ

P.S.  de W4ZV...of course!