Topband: Footswitch & CQ Freq

Sylvan Katz jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:10:23 -0600

At last I got to try the bandmap neat! I was hoping to get packets from the
net but the Icom interface with TR log running under Win 95 was unstable (in
fact is was sort of unstable under DOS  too even though I tried variety of
TIMEOUT and  PAUSE settings - it seems to loose track of mode and freq -
maybe I have to decrease the baud rate). Any way I am getting there. I have
a couple of other questions.

Question 1:
I set up the footswitch to qsy back to the CQ freq after I checked a spot
that I had recorded in the band map. Although after depressing the
footswitch and getting back to the CQ freq I find I am still in S&P mode (I
would like to be in CQ mode) and if the Icom was set in CW-N (narrow filter)
it gets reset to CW (no filter). How can I work around this problem?

Question 2:
Is there a way to enter a zone and get a list of prefixes in that zone? In
the middle of the night when I am sleep deprived I some times can not
remember what prefix is in what zone :-)

tnx .... sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask
VE5ZX & G0TZX