Topband: Condx

Mike Sloan gu3whn@gtonline.net
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:17:32 +0100

OK0EV coming in loud and clear here at 1545z.

Unfortunately there are some Northern European fishing boats also coming
in at the same time, 59 signals, using USB on 1.835 and 1.847. Real time
motorboating.....Hi! We have 1.830 to 1.850 allocated as a Primary
frequency range, according to the UK Regulations.  Anybody wish to
comment?

Will be listening for East Timor.

73 de Mike GU3WHN

P.S.  We have the same problem in NA with Japanese fishing boats.  Frankly
there is not much that can be done when they are in international waters
with no means of enforcement.  With HF rigs readily available anyone can
buy one and 160 is an excellent frequency for local communications.  As
the saying goes we just have to "deal with it!"  Higher activity levels
are about the only way we have to discourage it...de W4ZV