Topband: Re: Beverage Length

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:39:55 +0200

     Nobody seems to talk about the wave angle of the beverage
     main lobe, at least I havenīt seen anything.
     Seems to me that anything much shorther then 4 wl doesnīt
     work. If you check Misek's book you can see that you need
     about 4 wl for 25-30 deg waveangle and anything higher than
     that is useless.
     In any case I have tried many many beverages and for me they
     donīt perform untill they reach 1000 ft approx, all this work was
     done on 80 meters, figure same would apply on 160.

     73, Jim SM2EKM

     PS: This 2wl stuff below I donīt understand. IMHO the waveangle
     is the far too high to receive the DX. Sure the wire will RX a lot
     of signals but Iīm looking for DX and where Iīm at in the aurora
     zone the lower angle I can produce the better. Any more idéas?