Topband: K5K

Victor Blackwell victor@brecnet.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:10:20 -0400

I worked K5K eight minutes before my sunrise using my low dipole at eight
feet. he was S 8.  I called him for ten minutes running 1oo watts.  Had to
use all the QRP tricks I learned in thirty years.  One trick I learned in
ON4UN new book.  K5K left the air and I left the receiver on the freq I
heard him last and a little while later he was back on calling CQ.  I
thought maybe it was a pirate.  But his cw speed and style was perfectly
fine.  It would have been shooting fish in a barrel until the JA's found
him.  Who ever is doing the key work is a fine op.

Oh the trick I learned out of ON4UN's book,  simple,  sometimes high angle
radiation works.  So it encouraged me to call on my antenna I use for NVIS
work.   After 54 years still learning.

Nail em in the morning.

73

Vic  AD8K