Topband: Can 9V1PC hear now?

Peter Cook peter.sally@pacific.net.sg
Sun, 01 Oct 2000 09:38:29 +0800

Hi all,

In readiness for this season I now have a couple of Rx antennas up- a
coax loop kindly donated by Lance Johnson Engineering and a K6SE loop.
The QRN here on the equator is still very bad (static crashes etc) but I
have noticed a few dB improvement over the old setup on receive.  These
antennas are located on the roof garden of the parking lot located 7
floors below my 10th floor apartment.  The apartment block is in the way
of the southerly path but Rx takeoff thru’ East, North and West is
feasible.

The Tx antenna remains my “half sloper” hanging out of the apartment
window on a 30 degrees slope to the same roof garden and a 40m
counterpoise running down the wall of the apartment block.

The skyline here gets increasingly  busy here with no less than six new
high rise apartment blocks being built near to our QTH this year but
hopefully we will still be able to get out on 160m and I will be there
trying to keep Singapore active for those who need.

Where work, sleep and family commitments allow I will try to get on at
my sunset (11:00z) onwards for USA and get up occasionally in the middle
of the night for EU (2000z –2100z).  My favourite spot is 1826.5KHz.

Here’s to a good one..

73’s

Peter,  9V1PC