Topband: ZK1/ North Cook DX-pedition

Nob Ichino vr6jj@gld.mmtr.or.jp
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:41:50 +0900

(Some format problems with this so I slightly edited it...de W4ZV):

             <<<<<<ZK1/North Cook DX-pedition 2000>>>>>>

Yasu/JI1NJC has activated several small entities in the Pacific and
Indian Ocean with his company at least once a year in the past
since 1989(KH0, C2, T30, T2, ZK1/S, 3D2, A35, FW, 8Q7, S79, 3B8 etc. ).

This Y2K as a peak of Cycle 23 Yasu will make another DX-citing trip
with Yu/JR2KDN who activated one of rare entities in SE Asia, Lao in 1998.
Of course the target is to work stations in everywhere as many as possible
on ALL BANDS and also SPECIAL attention to 6m will be paid and various
propagations (e.g. Scatter, Skew path, Short path, Long path) will be
tried.

Now we are very pleased to announce our upcoming DX-citing/pedition
for all of those who love DXing as follows:

Destination:   Penrhyn Island (ZK1/North Cook)
                    IOTA OC-082
                   Grid Locator: BI11

Call Sign:      ZK1NJC, ZK1NDK (are being requested. The license will
                   be collected upon arrival.)

Date:            Oct 28 to Nov 4  2000

Operator:      Yu/JR2KDN
               Yasu/JI1NJC

Frequency:    160m - 6m
                   160m  1.832.5MHz   QSX 1837.5MHz and UP
                                      QSX 1.815.0MHz for JA

Equipment:    2 x IC-706, TS-50, IC-PW1 (160m- 6m KW Linear Amplifier)
                  160m      : Inverted L

QSL:              via JR2KDN  (SASE, SAE+sufficient return postage, Buro)
                  Yuichi Yoshida
                  4th Floor Kato Building
                  529 Rokugaike-cho, Kita-ku,
                  Nagoya, Japan 462-1112

QSL REQUEST via email:
                  QSL request via email will be welcome to
                  jr2kdn@pluto.dti.ne.jp and our QSL will be sent out via
                  BURO after all direct request are processed.
                  Please write up your QSL request in the body as follows:
                  YOUR CALL
                  DATE / UTC / FREQ / MODE / RS(T)

We appreciate Warwick/ZK1WL for his great support and Harry/JH0HQP for his
generous contribution of 6m 5ele Yagi beam.

73 & See you on many bands.
de Nob/JF2MBF (wk3d@arrl.net)
Also WK3D,VK4FBM, A35JJ, C21/MI, T22JJ, T24JJ, T28RR, ZK1AJJ,
ZK1AJJ/ZK1N, 3D2GG, T30JJ, VR6BB, VR6JJ, 8Q7BB, 8Q7JJ)